Log in to the online learning platform Berlitz Virtual Classroom and reach your language goals even with an extremely busy work schedule. If learning in a traditional classroom is not an option for you, this is the flexible online language course you’ve been looking for.
Choose from a wide range of languages and learn from your home, on the bus or your favourite café – wherever you are as long as you have an Internet connection. Log in to Berlitz Virtual Classroom to access fun and interactive yet professional courses, and 1-on-1 live sessions with your own instructor, that have been tailor-made to suit your goals and level.
- A Virtual (online) classroom that allows you to interact with your instructor real time using voice and a shared whiteboard. Webcam, chat, annotations and other tools are also available on the Virtual Classroom.
- The live lessons are taught by a real instructor who uses the Berlitz method®.
- You get access to an automatic scheduling system where you can view your live lessons, the lesson recordings, progress reports and more information relevant to your programs.
The Berlitz Method® is a natural way to learn a new language. When it was introduced in 1878, this intuitive, conversational style of teaching revolutionized language instruction. Today, our proven, effective Berlitz communicative method remains at the core of our company’s teaching approach.
Talk and think in the new language
With the Berlitz Method®, all communication during class takes place in the target language. Instructors are native speakers and use a conversational approach based on listening and speaking. An immersive environment encourages learners to quickly develop their skills in oral communication. Even beginners can formulate simple sentences from the very first lesson.
Develop spontaneous responses
Our method was designed to allow learners to speak without translation – the objective being that students will be able to work out grammatical rules from the input language provided, without necessarily being able to explain the rules overtly. Learners take on the new language the same way they did their first – with natural ease.
Self-confidence when using the new language
At the core of our method is maximized and active students’ participation. Only by speaking actively, learners will be able to communicate in the new language quickly. Our teachers are trained to create a positive and comfortable learning environment. They ensure that students feel confident, that the level is appropriate and that the atmosphere encourages communication.
The 6 Key aspects of the Berlitz Method®
- Immersion In The Language
- Tailor-Made Course Content
- High Percentage Of Speaking Time
- Targeted Learning
- Intuitive Grammar
- Appropriate Learning
Identify and Achieve your Learning Goals
Their Learning Cycle is a quality control process that ensures consistent delivery of the Berlitz Method®. They’ll assess the needs from the beginning in order to place the learners properly, provide feedback and counseling, and adapt instruction to their style and pace. After a final level check marking progress, we’ll issue a certificate of goal-achievement.
Designing a custom-made programme
- Needs analysis: We determine the learners’ levels, the objectives needed to achieve their goals and set expectations for the learning programme.
- Recommendation: a dedicated consultant provides recommendations for the amount of training needed to bridge linguistic and cultural gaps.
- Orientation: Learners have the opportunity to meet instructors and receive program materials, including a detailed road map of the programme.
Monitoring of learning progress
- Counseling & progress report: Throughout the training, learners review and assess their progress via formal chart reports and counseling sessions with the Language Instructional Supervisor.
- Level checks: Once learners complete a proficiency level, they can take a level test to assess how well they have mastered their program before moving onto the next one.
Guarantee of goal achievement
- Certificate: Learners are acknowledged for the achievement of each proficiency level.
- Challenge to next level: Goals for continued learning are reassessed and clients are oriented to move to their next proficiency level.
At Berlitz they are committed to their clients’ goal achievements and success. Their training processes are designed to ensure their trainees meet the learning objectives.